Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Big Day: Dunkin Donuts and Apple Store


Tomorrow's going to be a big day in New England, my friends.

Not only is it the most wonderful day of spring and the first, official sign of summer - Dunkin' Donuts Free Iced Coffee Day - but Thursday also marks the opening of the very first Apple Store in Boston.

It's unfortunate that I no longer live in Boston, since I used to work right around the corner from five D&D's AND the newest Apple Store. You can bet I'd be down there on Boylston, a coffee in each hand, waiting for the store to open so I could be one of the 1,500 people to get my greedy paws on one of the t-shirts they're giving away.

Seriously - how cool are those Apple t-shirts? My brother has been working for them for six months and he still hasn't given me one yet. I'm calling BS on that. Lil' bro, it's time to stop hoarding the shirts and sending one my way, okay? Otherwise, I'm going to stop buying that Hennepin beer you like so much.

My love for Dunkins is well documented. However, I do have to admit that my performances on previous free iced coffee days has been somewhat lacking. I don't believe that I've had more than two in a day, which is just sad. I can generally visit D&D's up to four times on a hot summer day for a medium iced, one cream no sugar. I had better do at least three tomorrow - I'll keep you updated. I'd say I'd go for more, but I am genuinely trying to cut back on the caffeine right now. I'm down to a half-pot a day. Not too shabby, eh?

How about you guys? How many iced coffees are you going for?

Also, anyone going to the Apple Store's grand opening?

3 comments:

Amy Zeleznock said...

I want... Dunkin Donuts...
LA sells the ground Dunkin Donuts coffee (probably for those east coasters who miss it so) but no luck on any chains :(. Now only if Starbucks would do something...

Anonymous said...

I grabbed 4 freebies last year on free iced coffee day...hoping to do about the same, although they're cramping my style by starting it at 10am - for some reason, I don't think that had this limitation last year.

As for the T-Shirts...if the thing you want most to mooch off of my working at Apple is my used t-shirts, you need to have your head examined.

Mike said...

Amy - the ground Dunkin's is better than no Dunkin's. Starbucks needs to blow up!

Brian - I only managed 2 this year. Totally lame. And give me a t-shirt!