Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Coming to a YouTube link near you...

Today, I went out and bought The Flip Ultra. It's a handheld video camera that's about as basic as basic gets. It's roughly the size of a cell phone, has a 1x1 inch screen, three buttons and a U,D,L,R control pad.

And that's it.

To record a fairly decent quality video, all you have to do is press the record button and point the camera and whatever you're shooting. It's so easy, my mom could do it.

The best thing about The Flip, though, is that it has a built-in USB connector. So, you can shoot a video, plug it into your laptop and load it onto your computer almost instantly. You can then edit the video in pretty much any program - iMovie, Final Cut Pro, whatever crappy program Windows uses or on the camera's included software. After that, you're just a couple clicks away from YouTube fame.

I'm planning on using it to do short and simple travel videos while I'm in Japan and China. I do have a YouTube account, but I've never uploaded anything - that'll change in a bit. I'm going to try to do a test video or two in the next few days.

If anyone has any travel video suggestions - just let me know!

3 comments:

Liz Williams said...

remember i need to see you in your fanny pack! That's all I ask.

Anonymous said...

you have to upload your first video of a cleavage shot of yourself - i think youtube requires it.

Julie said...

Great choice in the Flip! I got one for x-mas and I love it. Can't wait to see what you do with it.