Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mike in Cartoon Form...

Big news (and, if you'll pardon me, some horn tooting)...

Today, for the first time ever, a piece by me ran in the Boston Globe. Check out this Coupling column about my virginity. For those who don't know, Coupling is a column about all things love that runs on the back page of the Sunday Magazine each week.

I'm pretty excited about it. So, if you missed it on the news stands (because my Mom bought 150 copies), check it out in digital form.

Here's the first two paragraphs to when your appetite for non-sexual action!

I have my own apartment and do not live in my parents' basement. I own zero collectible figurines but do have a growing collection of handcrafts gathered from a fair amount of world travel. I do not attend Star Wars conventions but will frequent Sox bars when I'm outside New England. I prefer designer jeans and Chuck Taylors to short-sleeved shirts and pocket protectors. While I can introduce myself in several languages, I cannot spell my name in binary code.

I am a virgin. Wholly wholesome and always abstinent, my life is sans sex. I'm 25 years old, a healthy male in the prime of life, and yet I'm completely OK with this lifelong state of sexual inactivity. No, really.

6 comments:

Amy Zeleznock said...

Hey Mike--
Great article.. very well written. I'm proud of your commitment and I wish you and Sonja the best. Can't wait for more articles!!

Helliferocious said...

Weird to read, I must say. But good for you - glad your resolve held strong through all those "tests" :)

Anonymous said...

I had been forgetting to check your blog of late -- I come and back and find a page packed with goodies my man!! Great stuff.

Julie said...

Great column, Mike!

lindabeth said...

Congrats on the article Mike...and on the big V!

Marsandle said...

Great article...hard to believe there are people in the world that still hold onto their purity - great example and amazing you were able to share and bold enough to write about it!! Congrats.

ps can you send me your current address?