Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mike's link of the day...

For all you shoppers out there (where my girls at?!), I bring you the Link of the Day for February 13th, 2008.

(Side note: I'm not doing an LOTD every day, only when I feel like it. So you'd better enjoy it when it comes around, okay?)

My sister was watching Fox News yet again the other night. I think she does it sadistically, because I grunt out little squeaks of pain every time she flips the channel over to it. But they actually had a story that was somewhat interesting and useful. Of course, in typical fashion, they buried it in their D block that night, but whatever.

Sick of clicking through dozens of websites to find the cheapest price for your next online purchase? Just check out PriceGrabber.com, oh ye of the instant gratification ilk, the next time you want to make a 2 a.m. impulse buy.

For example, I just bought a new digital voice recorder, because I'm nerdy like that. I was poking Best Buy's site and found one I liked. It was about $85. I then spent a half an hour Googling, trying to find it at other online retailers, before purchasing it from Amazon for $65. However, had I just plugged it in to PriceGrabber, they would've shown me this in about 30 seconds and I wouldn't have wasted my time hunting. And the price would have been virtually same.

C'est la vie.

No, PriceGrabber didn't pay me (but I would be open to it). I'm just spreading the word for you, trying to keep an eye out for your wallet. That's your LOTD.

No comments: