Friday, October 12, 2007

"I don't mind the weather..."

I don't mind the weather
I've got scarves and caps and sweaters

- Death Cab for Cutie, "Blacking Out the Friction"

You know it's fall when:

- October rolls around and the Sox are in the playoffs and the Yankees aren't.

- Ugg boots reappear from a four-month hiatus, not that anyone missed them.

- Leaves litter the sidewalk, ensuring that one runner per day blows out a knee sliding on the slippery suckers (Now that's some autumnal alliteration!).

- It's even harder to pry yourself off the mattress in the morning.

- I start playing the above song on repeat as I get dressed in the morning, slipping on a wool, or cashmere, or cotton, or whatever sweater and picking out a scarf to match.

For me, one of the simple joys of the season is the classic sweater and scarf combo. It looks good, feels good and just makes me happy.

I thought I'd share.

On a related note, my brother has taken to calling me "Seacrest."

(The photo, by the way, is one of the only ones of me wearing a sweater that I could access while at work. I'm the non-girl on the left... no comments about the color scheme, okay? It compliments my skin tone.)

2 comments:

Amy Zeleznock said...

How I miss autumn....I miss the changing of the leaves and the folliage. LA has some leaves that change color, and tons of leaves that happen to fall on top of my car. I've enjoyed wearing some lightweight sweaters..and my friend might actually take me snowboarding up in the mountains this winter..but I really wish I got to go back east.

Mike said...

Yeah, I don't think the palm trees change color, but I could be wrong...

I've snowboarded in the past - good times, for sure! But you do sure come back sore... I wound up giving it up, because I'm already a skier and I'd rather do something that I'm good at.

Why try when you can do, right?